AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
22.01.10 15:47:54
Hi All,
When I full erase BD-RE discs, the erase process goes on indefinitely. It never ends. There is no indication the erase process is completed. The activity bar just moves on and on. The only way I can get out of this loop is to kill the app. Afterward the erased disc is fine. This has happened on two PCs. Both run XP SP3 and both have Pioneer BDR 205 burners. The Disc Copy software is the latest version. The quick erase function of the software operates normally.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Danny Biando
Administrator
25.01.10 03:26:03
To: dbiando

Actually it really takes a lot of time to erase a Blu-ray disc using the full erase option.
If you wait for half an hour or even more, does the process finish?
25.01.10 11:22:19
Hi Nadin,

When I first attempted to full erase a Blu-ray RE disc, the process continued for over 24 hours. Subsequent to having posted my query here, I found out an interesting thing about this. First off, all the discs I attempted to full erase were completely blank. Virgin discs, straight from the wrapper. I took one of the discs I had tried to erase and burnt a few Quicktime movies onto it. I then attempted a full erase and the process completed in about an hour or so. I got the successful completion notification from the application. I then took another of the RE discs that was still unused and new and tried to full erase that. The application hung like it did in the beginning. So what appears to happen is this-an RE Blu-ray needs to be first used in order for this application to properly complete the full erase cycle. Why, I don't know. Maybe the application needs some sort of directory structure on the disc, or the act of burning data to a new disc somehow initializes it.
The mystery continues!

Thanks for your reply. Very much appreciated.

Danny
Administrator
27.01.10 00:16:30
To: dbiando

Initial full erase really takes a lot of time. Surely it is not normal that it takes so long and this problem will be corrected in the next version of the program. As for erasing discs already used, when you choose to full erase such Blu-rays, practically they are erased in the quick mode, therefore it does not take much time.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  415