AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.12.09 00:07:29
hi, I am new to using the video editor and for the most part think the program is very useful and easy but there are three main problems im facing with it.

1) For some reason despite where exactly i put a text overlay or how i time it it does not seem to properly sync about 1/4 of the time...sometimes it works correctly and sometimes it doesnt. when it doesnt no matter how i adjust it it just won't show up when its supposed to, theres a lag. It will show up properly timed when playing it back on the smaller preview screen, but in fullscreen mode and when converted to an exported video file it is out of sync, however at other part in the same file it will be in sync so i can't fix it by simply moving the audio track around.

2) I can't seem to copy/paste text from a text document (in wordpad etc) into the project, It just will not allow me to use the option. I can't figure this out.

3) I am able to type japanese and input directly into any text editor on my computer, however when trying to do this in avs it allows for me to type it but then when it should be entered it just dissappears. this is another thing I cant understand. I am able to input japanese text directly and have japanese unicode fonts, the fonts are listed in my possible fonts to use in avs, but it just won't let me enter it after typing.

my project is subtitling a japanese video, with japanese text, then japanese transliteration in the roman alphabet and then finally an english translation. For this to be a successful project all three of these issues need to be corrected. If anyone can offer me some kind of help with this I'd very much appreciate it.
06.12.09 20:21:48
well, I have figured out away around all of these issues...not a way to fix them or make them work properly but a way around them. The issue with the sync just meant I had to move my text out of the proper time when the problems happened until they showed up as synced in the video...altho in reality not synced with the audio...at least it works now, but the AVS team really needs to fix this frustrating issue. As for the japanese input I found away to to this...sorta, I had to make png image files and then import then into the text sections as image overlays, with all the work in other programs and then having to import them this was an extremely irritating task. but I got it done. as for the copy/paste issue that I couldn't fix either but was still able to work around. Please AVS fix these issue in the future because they are unbelievably annoying to have to try and deal with while editing videos!
07.12.09 12:50:22
To: anryuu

Hello,

Unfortunately, Japanese letters are not supported by AVS Video Editor and it is not possible work with Japanese text in our program. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Our developers work on the issue.

As for text out of synch, we have not save such problem before. Could you please provide some additional information about it? Please specify what exact Text effect you add to video and have text out of synch. Please specify with what exact delay text appears on the screen, for example, 1 or 2 sec after supposed time.

Best regards.
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  270