AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
21.07.08 06:51:50
Help!! I have been working on a video for a couple of days now - it is just about ready to be burned. I then subscribed for a 1 yr subscription - now whenever I try to work on my video, it tells me that there is an error (only 90% of the video gets downloaded) and it freezes - the error msg reads "Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account.". I then went to control panel, made myself the administrator and my husband a standard user, but the error message continues to pop up and will not let me work on the video. I have also activated the AVS editor program on both my husband and my logins with the key number - it says we are activated. What is wrong? Please help!! I need this video done by this Thursday!!!!! Thanks in advance for your help
Dam
Administrator
21.07.08 07:28:15
To: laila

Hello,

To help you to solve that issue we need more information about the error.
So, please:
1. Specify the software you use.
2. Specify the OS you have on your PC
3. Describe your actions step by step
4. Attach the print screen of the error you have.

Hope to hear from you soon.
21.07.08 08:17:44

Thanks! I have Windows 2000 - I am using the AVS video editor 3.5. I have created a video that I've been working on for a while - but I just registered yesterday. I share a computer with my husband, he was the administrator when I registered. Ever since I registered, I did everything it told me - I activated the program by entering my key #. I even downloaded the program again since that is what it suggested I do. I logged back on the AVS video and attempted to open the project I was working on. It brings me to the "create video page" and I see that my clips are being downloaded. Once it reads that it has downloaded 90% of the video - it freezes and an error message pops up (which I can't seem to be able to copy to this) but it reads "Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account." with an "ok" button - I then hit ok. I then went into the control panel; user accounts and I made my the administrator (since the video is in my program) and changed my husband to standard account since he will never use this. I restarted the computer, but I still get the error message everytime I try to retrieve my video from the AVS editior.

I don't know if this makes a difference.. but I looked at past solutions to problems and it reads to go to:
C>programs>common files>licence folder. I do not have a licence folder.

Do I need to set up our license?
Dam
Administrator
21.07.08 08:35:32

Thank you very much for the information, but we also need a screenshot of the error.

To make a screenshot, please,
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard
- open a graphics editing program (e.g. Microsoft Paint, select Start\Run..., enter 'mspaint' and press OK to start it)
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard
- save the image in PNG format
- attach the image file to your post
21.07.08 08:44:07
Attached files:
169.79 KB
21.07.08 08:50:55
sorry.. this one shows the error
Dam
Administrator
21.07.08 08:55:18

Ok. Thank you. We will investigate the screens.

But at the moment, please make sure, that you have not renamed, replaced or deleted the files, that make part of the project, that you are trying to download. If yes, that may cause the downloading problem.

Best Regards.
21.07.08 10:49:45
To: Dam

I'm not really concerned w/ the downloading part as much as I am the error message. I've learned that once I hit "ok" it lets me work on it - although some of the video is missing - I can always upload the image again (no biggie) - I just don't want to continue to get that "administrator" messsage. Thanks for your help!
Dam
Administrator
22.07.08 01:09:30

Please precise what OS you use. You told us that you are under Windows 2000 which is not supported by the AVS Software, but according to the screenshots, you use Windows Vista.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Dam
Administrator
22.07.08 01:51:59
If you use Windows Vista,

try to follow the instructions below:

1. Right-click on the program icon (in your case on the AVS Video Editor).

2. Select "Run as administrator" (See the attachment)

Best Regards.
Attached files:
60.01 KB
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  779