AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
06.06.09 08:22:00
I've been using avsmedia with a coax cable with only small issues for awhile now. My situation has changed and I can only import to pc using component cables (red, white, yellow). The pc card is a haupauge wintv 885. I'm unable to get a screen capture with your software
Administrator
08.06.09 03:40:10
To: rmcbride

Your capture device must have the appropriate inputs (red, while and yellow) corresponding to the cables. After you connect them, please open AVS Video Recorder and set "Video Composite" in Video Device Input of the Device Settings.

If you have problems when using the program, please attach a screenshot of the error you get.

Best regards
08.06.09 06:59:09
Hi, thanks for the reply, I only have a mini USB connection from my camera to standard USB to my laptop. Is this the route cause of the problem? Also, are we saying that AVS will not do this operation via USB connection?
Cheers
Sean
Administrator
09.06.09 00:34:19
cargeo:
Is this the route cause of the problem?

This is the case when component cables are used in order to connect a capture device to PC.

cargeo:
Also, are we saying that AVS will not do this operation via USB connection?

Surely it will. It can handle devices of various connection types (here is the list of supported devices).

Best regards
12.06.09 02:47:24
nadin:

Your capture device must have the appropriate inputs (red, while and yellow) corresponding to the cables. After you connect them, please open AVS Video Recorder and set "Video Composite" in Video Device Input of the Device Settings.

If you have problems when using the program, please attach a screenshot of the error you get.

Best regards

Think that the inputs are correctly installed. Will this work with the older software (ie avs media)?
Administrator
15.06.09 01:49:59

We would not recommend you using the previous versions of our software. Please still could you describe what is happening in the program. Would be great if you attached a screenshot with the error to explain the issue.

To make a screenshot please:
- press PrtScn to copy the screenshot to the clipboard;
- open a graphics editing program (e.g. Microsoft Paint, select Start\Run..., enter 'mspaint' and press OK to start it);
- press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot from the clipboard;
- save the image in JPEG format and attach it here.

Hope to hear from you soon
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  131