AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
03.03.09 13:11:35
Hi

Can you recommend a USB video capture device that plays nicely with AVS4U software? To start with, I am looking to capture VHS video from a VCR.

Thanks,
B
Administrator
04.03.09 23:10:18
To: creekgeek

Here you go. The following video capture devices compatible with AVS software are recommended by our developers:

1. AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid Ultra with USB interface. This is an analog/digital (DVВ-T) TV tuner with AV input for video capture. It has MPEG-2 Program Stream hardware encoder and can be used either with AVS Video Capture program (which is to be introduced as AVS Video Recorder within future releases), or with AVS TV Recorder we are planning to release soon.

2. Compro VideoMate U2700 with USB interface. This is also an analog/digital TV tuner with AV input for video capture, however it supports uncompressed formats only (no MPEG-2 Program Stream hardware encoding), therefore it cannot be used with the new AVS TV Recorder, but is fully compatible with AVS Video Capture (new AVS Video Recorder).

3. Canopus ADVC-55 High-Quality Analog-to-Digital Video Converter (Advanced DV Converter) with FireWire interface (IEEE 1394). This is a video capture device that supports to DV conversion and can be used in combination with AVS Video Capture (new AVS Video Recorder).

Your questions/suggestions are most welcome.
Best regards
26.05.09 14:34:10
I have 2 OS - Vista x32 and Win7 RC x32. I wont capture TV (signal from cable).
My TV device is (USB): - Pinnacle Hybrid Pro Stick(Ultra-portable stereo digital and analogue TV-Tuner plus FM and Internet radio).
How I can capture TV with yours programs? TV recorder do not see my device...:(
Thank,
Sigitas
PS. My english is not good and I am 59years old and my language is lithuanian(but I can good speek and write in russian...)
Administrator
28.05.09 01:00:46
To: sigbart

The device is not recognized by the program because it does not have the MPEG2 program stream encoder required. Such devices are currently not supported by AVS TV Recorder, however, most likely they will within the next version of the program.

Best regards
12.07.09 23:52:47
To: nadin

Hello,
I have the Canopus ADVC-110. Using the newest version of Video Recorder I have been experiencing numerous dropped frames and freezing the capture at around 18 minutes or so. Is this common? Also, I seem to be unable to change the bitrate settings, and must accept whatever the software fills in for me. Anyway I can change the bit rates here?
Administrator
13.07.09 01:15:55
To: cmaconsulting

You can try recording videos in different formats: Native or MPEG2, in case in Settings there is an option to choose video standard (PAL or NTSC), try using both the options.

If this does not help, please attach the complete information on your PC system (processor, RAM, video card, etc.).

Also send us the .log files which contain all the information on the recording process. You can find them here:
- for Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[User]\Application Data\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\LogFiles\
- for Windows Vista: C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSVideoRecorder\LogFiles\

cmaconsulting:
Also, I seem to be unable to change the bitrate settings, and must accept whatever the software fills in for me. Anyway I can change the bit rates here?
This question has already been discussed in the following thread. Please note the informatioon posted there.

Regards
13.07.09 08:26:03

What a shame, as I bought this software so that it would capture straight to MPEG2 to skip a long step. My processor 3.4 Dualcore, 2gb ram, and beefed up gaming GPU should all be sufficient for this task. In addition, I am an XP user, and couldn't find this folder anywhere on my primary hard drive. I looked manually, then did a search containing this folder name. I plan to uninstall, then reinstall the entire suite, to see if there was some erroneous installation before.
Administrator
13.07.09 23:25:00
To: cmaconsulting

Please still try capturing to the other formats, just for testing, so that we could clear up the problem.

And we would really need the .log files. Please note, as a rule, the folder Application Data is hidden. In order to make the folder shown, please go to My Computer folder, click on Tools > Folder Options in main menu. Then in Folder Options > View enable the option "Show hidden files and folders".

After that please follow to drive C: > Documents and Settings, find the name of the user who is currently logged in, then go to Application Data > AVS4YOU > AVSVideoRecorder > LogFiles. This folder contains the files needed. Please zip them and attach here.

Thank you in advance
14.07.09 16:55:30

It appears that capturing in Native DV mode works (although the converter doesn't seem to convert to large MPEG2 files very well in the "Video converting" program). I reinstalled the program and will see if it generates the logs you were mentioning.
Administrator
15.07.09 01:48:09
cmaconsulting:
although the converter doesn't seem to convert to large MPEG2 files very well in the "Video converting" program
Please describe the problem in more detail. Do you get any error during conversion? Describe your actions and specify the preset used. Are you using the new version of AVS Video Converter (v.6.3.1.367)?

Hope to hear from you soon
20.12.09 19:58:26

I found a USB 2 Video Capture Card at Startech.com that worked great for me. I have recorded 10 OLD movies from my VCR and worked great. It only cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $35-40. Betther that the over 100 that I saw for one of the suggested.
10.02.10 10:47:46

Hi. I'm a fairly new user. Do you know of any capture devices that do not cost so much and that aare more current than those listed here?

Thanks for your help.

Jerry G
10.02.10 10:51:41
To: Spiguy

Hi.

What is the Manufacturer and Model Number of the capture device you're using?
I'm desparately looking for one that works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Thanks!
Administrator
11.02.10 01:42:45
To: JERRYGOLDRIN

Unfortunately, we cannot recommend any cheap video capture devices, as we cannot guarantee that they will function fine. The ones listed above are fully compatible with our software, that's why we have recommended exactly them.

As an update to the above post, the later model of the second device mentioned is the following one:
Compro VideoMate Vista E800F Hybrid D/A HW2 PCIe

As for Canopus ADVC-55, note that in order to connect it, you will need a FireWire slot on your PC.

Best regards
Administrator
27.02.10 01:59:55
To: fnt627o@mail.com

Your post has been moved. Please follow this link.
11.12.14 20:48:51
How do I capture video from my camcorder, the program goes to my web cam instead of the camcorder. All I can down load is a picture of me looking at the computer, not what I want.........
Nat
15.12.14 07:15:10
To: rtinidaho@citlink.net

Dear user,

Can your video camera be connected to PC via USB? If so you can download videos from it by drag and dropping it from the camera to your PC.

Capture video from camera option in AVS Video Editor is used to capture video from webcameras, DV video cameras or VHS tapes.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  232