AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
26.05.10 17:25:12
You guys have a great product, the programs are easy to use (the ones that work) and are packed full of cool features. The interface is easy to deal with and offers all the basic tools and then some, nice job on that.

However, your tech support is less than impressive, in fact it is the worst I have ever dealt with, and quite possibly the worst on the entire planet. Sorry to be so blunt, but I am very frustrated with your company, and here is why..................

A while back I downloaded the avs video converter tested it out and found it did what i needed, so i purchased the unlimited license, the code i recieved did not work , it took 4 days for your tech crew to respond and get me a fix which i had to download.
That fixed that problem, but created another, in the add/remove programs section, I show that the "activation program" is taking up 35 gigabytes of space (seems unreasonable to me).
I also downloaded the Avs video editor and have yet to be able to do so much as trim a clip (of any type) as the program hangs for no particular reason. I opened a support issue on 5/17/10 i recieved a reply (asking for screenshots) on 5/20, I replied 5/20 with all the info , on 5 /24 ( frustrated because i was still waiting for a reply) I sent a sarcastic email thru support, I received a reply on 5/25 with an apology for taking too long to reply , a file to download and a request for more screen shots. The very same day, I sent the screenshots, downloaded the file (avs videoeditor.exe and an error message generator) and installed them as per your instructions, the file did not work, nor did the error message generator...long story short, nothing has changed, I have still have a completely useless video editing program that I really wish would work. And I an still waiting for a reply from 5/25.

Now I understand software can be very touchy, but you guys take an average of 3 DAYS just to reply to a support request, meanwhile I have paid for working programs and expect you to either stand behind your product or refund my money. For the record, I would much rather have the programs work than a refund, but so far,it doesn't look as if you are capable of delivering a working product.

Please, prove me wrong.

John K. Fitzgerald

P.S. your tech people have always been very polite and professional (albeit laidback), but, I would much rather deal with a prick who can things fixed, than with a nice person who brings nothing to the table.
27.05.10 12:31:21
To: johnkfitz1

Hello,

Thank you for taking time to share your opinion, it's very important for us. We do our best to offer our clients better service.

Please note that normaly we respond within 48 hours. Unfortunately, sometimes there may be delays as support managers need a bit more time to test the problem or get corrections from the developers. We are sorry for the inconvenience it may cause. Asking for the details may be ennoying, but they are necessary to identify and reproduce the problem.

I can assure you we are very particular about every problem of our users and we are asking you to be patient. We will find the solution.

Regards.

P.S. Please note that issues related to the license (purchasing, retrieval, payment return) are not allowed to be discussed on our forum according to the rules.
28.05.10 08:03:10
To: Vlad

I have a message on there for 3 days no reply!
29.05.10 06:29:13
If you fit an additional harddrive to store your video files it will be the end of AVS 4 YOU!
31.05.10 01:58:11
To: Smiggy

Sorry for the delay, we have already answered to your question in our support system. Please note that license issues are not allowed to be discussed on the forum according to the forum rules.

Regards.
07.06.10 16:04:11
I purchased the unlimited access over 2 days ago but can't get it to activate... so far no response AT ALL. Can't say I'm very impressed... I will be sure to tell my friends about this "type" of customer support.
07.06.10 23:54:26
To: jvencill

Hello,

Please note that normally we respond within 48 hours (2 days). Your request has already been answered in our support system.

Regards.
14.06.10 12:58:46
To: sp8rt1cus

Your post has been moved to another topic. Please follow this link.
15.06.10 02:54:24
seateabee@gmail.com:
For what it's worth...

I've worked with computers for many years... I'm am the support staff at my place of business and as such I deal with the support departments of MANY pieces of software. In my opinion, AVS support is sub-par in terms of time it takes to get a response. I also think they can be a bit gruff sounding in their responses. At times it almost seems like English isn't the support staffs primary language. Maybe I'm way off on that... just a feeling I get. Maybe it's because I'm American and can't understand good British English! :)

Anyway, despite the negatives, there are some good positives about AVS: First and foremost is the price. The amount of software you get for such a low price is really amazing. If you want top notch support, you can expect to see the price rise substantially AND no more free updates for life (if you bought the unlimited package).

Second, as for the time delay, I take it with a grain of salt... how many times have you contact support for a company about a problem and you get a response within hours telling you to do this, that, and the next thing... but when you do that, it doesn't do a thing to fix the problem? Worse, you already indicated in you original contact to them that you did those steps, but they tell you to do them again, and won't move to the next level until you do? This is because their initial support is a bunch of low paid people who don't know the product at all and just go through a list if "This to do if it does work..." They make you go through the stupid steps one by one until their list is exhausted and then they move the problem up to the next level of support, which usually takes a couple of days to get back to you. I feel like AVS has skipped the middle man so to speak. You don't have to work through the rapid, but useless, support response.

Just my opinion of course.

Now, as for facts: I've emailed the company and also posted a couple of questions here in the support forum. I think my email took about 4 days to respond to. Forum posts were much quicker... usually less than 48 hours. I would strongly suggest using the forum for two reasons: Appears to be faster service from AVS and if you post it here, other users who may have already dealt with the same problem might be able to help you even before AVS is able to get back to you.

I couldn't have said it better myself. When you take the price into consideration, AVS4YOU is very good value for money, as far as I am concerned. Something I am very grateful for!

Michael
hm
21.06.10 03:52:52
To: owlet

I have to disagree with you. Their response is meaningless!!! They ask for a screenshot....i gave them 3....then they ask for the file i like to transfer.....NO ANSWER. THAT"S 4 days now since i send them the file.
21.06.10 08:01:42
To: hm

Sorry, but we have not received your file.

The only reasons for the error opening wma file can be that your wma files are copy protected or corrupted. We do not decrypt copy protected file. If you wma files are corrupted we need to have them to be able to fix the problem. So, please upload the file in zip archive in our support system as our support manager asked you.

Regards.
05.08.10 03:58:20
cheers Vlad.....for the help and quick response..
Pat...I wont mention what its about because
07.10.10 15:35:19
To: nadin
How do I get my money back? I have been waiting for support for 3 days nbecause your software doesn't work. I've had it.
08.10.10 03:53:29
To: r_liljedahl@comcast.net

Hello,

We apologize for the delay. As far as I know our support manager Serge has already answered you in our support system. Please check the answer.

Best regards.
17.02.11 17:27:49
To: nchsbooster

I'm having problems installing video editor 5
error code: 740
the regusted generation requires elevation?
any help will be amazing?????
21.02.11 06:52:16
To: Marianne4286

Please do not post offtop messages! We have already answered your query in our support system. Please try offered solution.
01.03.11 01:10:23
I bought Video Editor and must say what a superb product it is - far far easier to use than a couple of other much more expensive mainstream products I have tried in the past and given up on. Simply superb. Your other software products came as a bonus and having tried several others I am now using a few, including photo editor. I did encounter a problem with Photo Editor but after a couple of messages to support it is all sorted and I have another useful tool. True one of the support replies took a little over 48 hours but not a big issue. What do some people expect for peanuts? A big THANX to AVS from me.
Cheers. Phil
01.03.11 06:23:03
To: tapesm

Hey Phil!

Thank you too, for such kind words. :-)
08.03.11 08:13:31
To: michael24
Well said. I have been involved in Computers and Networking for more than 25 years. I would be embarassed to tell you how many service calls were never addressd due to staffing, budgets, and the greatest enemy -- Father Time. For the "I want it now" and the "I want it for nothing" generations: be polite, be accurate, be patient, and for goodness sake make sure your email left your Outbox or your post was in the correct forum to start.

I have always received replies in a reasonable time frame. If it takes a little longer than 48 hours I just remember that I didn't pay an arm and a leg for the Video Editor, let alone the entire software SUITE.

I have several co-workers at my vocational-technical school that have enjoyed the product and also subscribed.

I have Sony Vegas but usually turn to AVS4You products to get the quick and simple projects done. Thank you for the wonderful array of products.
10.03.11 01:44:36
To: cfxcorp

Thank you:-)
We always do our best to offer our customers best product and service.
Online:
Users:  1  roman mills
Guests:  229