AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
19.10.09 22:29:25
I have two questions concerning dual layer disks :
1. I would like to be able to use the DVD+R DL as if it were a disk drive to save files and get some organization to photos and video clips as well as some text files (actually Word) explaining what these files are. Many are conversions from OLD 8mm and super-8 and some from VHS tapes. Which of your applications would be best?
Sonic/Roxio provide this type of ability but their software crashes a lot. Also if I use their 'drag-to-disk' INCD is installed and conflicts with Nero's version of INCD and one of them is disabled.

2. I attempted to use DVD copy to reproduce an old home movie using DVD+R Dual Layer but it seems that the software does not support the use of +R dual layer disks. None of the stores in our area carry -R dual layer disks and I was told today that almost everyone is converting to the +R format. In fact, my new HP external USB, DVD writer doesn't support the -R dual layer format (the drive is about 4 months old). Do you intend to upgrade the software to keep up with industry standards.

3. Additionally I have a collection of ISO files that I would love to be able to copy as is to the 8GB +R dual layer just because of the increase in storage capability.

Please advise! Thanks in advance.
Administrator
20.10.09 04:25:06
drdef@comcast.net:
I would like to be able to use the DVD+R DL as if it were a disk drive to save files and get some organization to photos and video clips as well as some text files (actually Word) explaining what these files are. Many are conversions from OLD 8mm and super-8 and some from VHS tapes. Which of your applications would be best?

Basically there are two ways to accomplish this task:

1. Use Burn Data DVD option available in AVS Disc Creator and import all your files (videos, images, docs) into the program for burning. As a result, you will get a disc that you will be able to view on your PC only.

2. Use AVS Video Editor and create your own video with these files: add videos, images (slideshows), music and text comments, save them all as a new video file (for ex, to DVD) and burn the resulting video to a disc directly from this program or later on using AVS Disc Creator (Burn Video option).

The latter option is better in case you would like to get a fully functional DVD movie, i.e. to watch it in your DVD player.

drdef@comcast...:
I attempted to use DVD copy to reproduce an old home movie using DVD+R Dual Layer but it seems that the software does not support the use of +R dual layer disks.

AVS DVD Copy, as well as other burning programs from AVS do support DVD+R DL discs. Note that using AVS DVD Copy you can only copy discs which contain DVD movies (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders).

drdef@comcast...:
Additionally I have a collection of ISO files that I would love to be able to copy as is to the 8GB +R dual layer just because of the increase in storage capability.

Unfortunately, using AVS Disc Creator it is only possible to burn ISO files created from data discs (containing videos, images, docs), but not from DVDs (containing VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) or audio CDs.

Best regards
Online:
Users:  1  jendavis
Guests:  333