AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
27.07.08 11:22:35
I have a Canon HV20 HDV camera, will the AVS Video Editor 3.5 capture and edit HDV 1080i without any loss of image quality? .
I have had a play with the unregestered download and I find it easy to use, but at the moment I don't have a fire wire connection on my computer so I can't check the HDV capability of the program.
I am new at this game so please explane
ALGO
Dam
Administrator
28.07.08 06:46:22
ALGORITHM:
will the AVS Video Editor 3.5 capture and edit HDV 1080i without any loss of image quality?

Unfortunately HD is not supported by the AVS Video Editor. But we prepare a new version of the AVS Video Editor, that will work with HD video. I will inform you as soon as the new version is released.

At the moment, to capture HD video without quality losses I'd recommend you to use AVS Video Capture 2.2. It will be available on the AVS4YOU site tomorrow. You could download it following this link.

With AVS Video Capture, You can use USB connection.

Best Regards
28.07.08 09:35:11
To: Dam
I'd recommend you to use AVS Video Capture 2.2.

Thanks for the help Dam,*SUPER*

So if I capture HDV video with AVS Video Capture 2.2. what do I use to edit the captured video ???
Can I use AVS Video Editor 3.5 or is AVS Video Capure 2.2 an editing program as well??

hope you can help
ALGO
Dam
Administrator
29.07.08 00:10:11
To: ALGORITHM

Hi,

AVS Video Capture is to be used for the capturing only. But that software allows to capture HD video without quality losses.

As for the editing. The present version of the AVS Video Editor do not support HD video.

But for editing, you can also use AVS Video Converter 6, which do support HD video and allows to apply video/audio effects, split/murge video files, delete unwanted scenes, export audio, extract single frames and save them as image files etc...

For more information about the editing in the AVS Video Converter 6, please follow this link to AVS Online Help.

Best Regards
29.07.08 09:34:19
To: Dam
Thanks mate !! I have had a look at the programs you recomended they are just what I want, but before I regester let's make sure that I have it right .

I capture HDV video with AVS Video Capture 2.2 then edit it using AVS Video Converter 6 the final edited video will be of HDV quality YES??? NO???

When you release the new HDV AVS Video Editer will it be capable of capturing HDV video or will I still have to use AVS Video Capture 2.2 to capture video ??

Thanks for your help

ALGO
Dam
Administrator
30.07.08 04:36:11
Hi ALGO,

So,

ALGORITHM:
I capture HDV video with AVS Video Capture 2.2 then edit it using AVS Video Converter 6 the final edited video will be of HDV quality

Yes. There are special presets for the HD video in AVS Video Converter 6

ALGORITHM:
When you release the new HDV AVS Video Editer will it be capable of capturing HDV video or will I still have to use AVS Video Capture 2.2 to capture video ??

While capturing with the new AVS Video Editor, there will be a button, that will launch AVS Video Capture (it has to be installed on your PC), that will allow to capture HD video.

In any case, before the registration. you can download AVS Video Converter, AVS Video Editor and AVS Video Capture and try them out. The non-activated programs haven't got any feature or time limitations. The only thing they have got is a voice logo added to the output audio files or a watermark in the output video files.

Best Regards.
31.07.08 10:54:47
Hi it's me again with a few more questions,

I am now the proud owner of a Unlimited AVS4YOU Subscription and everything is going well, YeeeeHaaa!!!! thank you for all the help, having just said that I do require a bit more help.

(1) I put together a 2 min 45sec video with no audio just to check that all systems worked and they did first time!!!, I used AVS Editor 3.5 and saved the movie as a WMV movie, I then E-mailed a copy to a friend to make sure that it would work, that's when I noticed that the file was 31,723 KB !!! Is there a way to reduce the file size for E-mailing or uploading to youtube etc.???? can I zip it or something ???
Dam
Administrator
01.08.08 00:51:41

Hi,

To murge video files, you can also use AVS Video Converter 6. For the more information, please follow this link.

As for the uploading video to youTube, there is a special preset in the AVS Video Converter.

For that, please:
1. Launch AVS Video Converter and choose the input file.
2. Press To AVI button.
3. In the Profiles field choose Video for YouTube preset (see the attachment).
4. Convert Now!

You can zip your files using any archiver of course. ;-)

Best Regards.
Attached files:
17.09.08 10:18:54
When will "AVS Video Editor" be capable of capturing and editing HDV/1080i video ?, I have found the program easy to use and I have been really pleased with the final image quality of the processed video in SDV, so I have high hopes for the HDV version, I am using 4 of your video programs and so far I have not had any problems with any of them, not so much as a glitch, top software Keep up the good work.*SUPER*
By the way do you have a program that will capture the movies generated by PC programs such as "MS Flight Simulator" or "X-Planes" ? at the moment I am using a program called "FRAPS" but is very basic and low resolution, it would be good to have a AVS compatible program.:-)

Algorithm
Dam
Administrator
18.09.08 06:24:07

Hi,

ALGORITHM:
When will "AVS Video Editor" be capable of capturing and editing HDV/1080i video ?

The editing of the HD is supported by the new version of the AVS Video Editor 4, which is in beta version. So, please, install it and try it out. We will be glad to hear you opinion about the software.

As for the capturing, I should say, that it is possible to capture HDV/1080i video for the editing. You can do it using AVS Video Capture. If you have it already installed on your PC, in the AVS Video Editor you can press Capture button, to launch capturing (see the attachment).

ALGORITHM:
By the way do you have a program that will capture the movies...

Unfortunately we do not have sach a programm at the moment, but we will take your suggestion take into consideration. Thank you.

Best regards.
Attached files:
60.37 KB
20.10.08 11:30:41
*SOS* I've been looking all over the editing options trying to find where you can play your videos back wards does the 3.5 even have that as an option? I need to save some files to play back in reverse.
Dam
Administrator
21.10.08 04:47:58
To: meganahill

Hello,

meganahill:
trying to find where you can play your videos back wards

Unfortunately that is impossible with AVS software.

But I will inform our developers and I hope we will include that option to the future releases.

Best Regards
Online:
Users:  1  andy.marshall@email.com
Guests:  435