AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
24.06.09 17:41:09
Installed DVD Copy on a new Vista machine (new purchase and download). Already had it on old XP machine. DVD Copy on the Vista computer won't recognize the movie in the drive. The XP computer's DVD Copy will recognize the same movie.

When I copy a movie on the XP computer, the movie will pause during playback in certain areas. I've tried different brands of blank discs. They all pause in the same places on playback. I've played the movie from the stored Video file and it plays fine. Because my XP is an older, slower machine, I thought it just didn't have enough umph to properly copy the movie.

That's why I installed it on the new computer. I can't test my theory because the DVD Copy installed on the Vista computer doesn't recognize the disc. Btw- the computer will autoplay the original copy of the movie, so the computer recognizes it.

I think it's a problem with DVD Copy running with Vista.

How do I get DVD Copy to recognize the disc in the drive?

Please help.
Administrator
26.06.09 02:45:20
grymrgn:
When I copy a movie on the XP computer, the movie will pause during playback in certain areas. I've tried different brands of blank discs. They all pause in the same places on playback. I've played the movie from the stored Video file and it plays fine.

Are you using the latest version of AVS DVD Copy on this PC (3.1.2.225)?
Does the movie pause when you play the disc on your PC/in a DVD player or both?
Please specify the exact model of your DVD player, the disc types used.

grymrgn:
That's why I installed it on the new computer. I can't test my theory because the DVD Copy installed on the Vista computer doesn't recognize the disc. Btw- the computer will autoplay the original copy of the movie, so the computer recognizes it.

Are you using the latest version of the program? If this exactly the same disc? In case the disc was copy-protected, have you removed the protection the same way as on the XP computer?

Please try copying any other DVD disc on the Vista machine. Is it recognized in AVS DVD Copy?

Hope to hear from you soon
26.06.09 09:44:55
To: nadin

Thanks Nadin. I am using the latest version of AVS DVD Copy on both PCs. After trying the burned video in all 3 PCs and another DVD player, I realize it doesn't play correctly only on the Sony CD/DVD Player DVP-NC655P. It could be that it needs cleaned. However, the original movie does not pause during playback, just the copy. The discs I've used are HP DVD-R and Aleratec DVD-R, both are for Lightscribe labeling.

Again, the version of DVD Copy on the new computer is 3.1.2.225. I removed the copy protection the same way as on the XP computer. It is the exact same source disc I'm trying to copy. I've tried other discs on the new computer and they are not recognized by AVS DVD Copy either.

Just for fun, I tried the copied disc. AVS DVD Copy doesn't recognize the copied disc (the one that pauses) on the new machine either. There seems to be a disconnect between AVS DVD Copy and Vista.

It was suggested by one of your folks to try to copy the Video_TS file from the original disc to the hard-drive and then use DVD Copy to burn the disc. I was able to copy the Video_TS file to the hard-drive but got an error of "DVD read error" or something like that when I selected it as the source in AVS DVD Copy.
Administrator
01.07.09 07:08:20
To: grymrgn

Please try using the up-to-date version of AVS DVD Copy (4.1.1.263).

If the issue persists, please specify the exact version of Vista OS installed (home premium or business edition).

Also we'd need the .log files which contain all the information on the burning process. You can find them following
C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\AVS4YOU\AVSDVDCopy\logs\

Thank you in advance
12.07.09 22:45:57
ok my avs dvd copy wont burn my dvds... when its about load my dvd it only goes to 86% and the dvd is bran new no scratches or nothing.. and also when it does burn it does not play on my dvd player.. i have wasted a shit load of dvds cause of it... but thats a problem and the loading the dvd is a problem what do i do...
Administrator
13.07.09 01:46:24
Are you using the latest version of the program? To update AVS files follow Start > Programs > AVS4YOU > AVS Update Manager.
kayla48:
when its about load my dvd it only goes to 86% and the dvd is bran new no scratches or nothing..
Do you mean the source DVD (the one you would like to copy)? Have you removed the protection successfully? Is the disc recognized on your PC, i.e. can you open it in Windows Explorer?

kayla48:
and also when it does burn it does not play on my dvd player..
Please try playing the disc burnt on your PC. If it is played fine, please specify the disc type used, burning settings selected and the exact model of your DVD player.

Hope to hear from you soon
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  318