AVS4You.comSupportRulesAbout Us
    ENG English    FRA Français    DEU Deutsch
15.06.09 06:20:58
Does any of the AVS stuff work properly?
The converter will not convert my former Media player files to any format!!!! I don't know how easier I can eplain this matter. Files are in 'My Music' folder and were formally ripped by Media Player.

Plus, it seems to be right what I have read on posts earlier today, AVS do not sufficient tech backup or operatives who can give a prompt reply.

Can I have an answer to this problem?
15.06.09 07:23:12
Audio Converter will capture from file or from CD!
I paid money in good faith for te complete package of software and none of it seems to do what is written on the side of the packet.

Listen, I'm being serious and quite amused at the same time

Please reply
15.06.09 07:24:12
Wow, here we go again.
Does any of the AVS stuff work properly? The CD Grabber is now installed, I put a CD in the loading bay and the tracks came up on the screen of the Grabber with no prompts. The grabber is now flashing and the 'GET CDDB is moving left to right.

I can't remember how long it's been since I bought a package of software where none of it hardly works (Not since days of Sinclair PC anyway), Does anybody else agree!!!

Also, the converter will not convert my former Media player files to any format!!!! I don't know how easier I can eplain this matter. Files are in 'My Music' folder and were formally ripped by Media Player. Maybe this cannot be rectified????

Plus, it seems to be right what I have read on posts earlier today, AVS do not sufficient tech backup or operatives who can give a prompt reply. I have not got endless days to sit at the computer waiting for a reply. Lastly, I supposed to be a customer, a new customer and the products are not working, there seems to be insufficient help menus on products and I am lossing the will to live!

Lastly, my last gripe about overlays causing a problem with playback on Video Editor, nobody has got back to me with a real answr on this either.

Can I have an answer to my problems?
15.06.09 07:25:12
I'm very disappointed!
The audio converter will not convert my former Media player files to any format!!!! I don't know how easier I can explain this matter. Files are in 'My Music' folder and were formally ripped by Media Player. You have forced me to download another programme called Aimersoft Media Converter did everything I wanted first time! AVS seems to be costing me extra money all the time, I have also tried using the CD grabber and that dont seem work either. What do you have to say about this?

Plus, it seems to be right what I have read on posts yesterday, AVS do not sufficient tech backup or operatives who can give a prompt reply. I have not had an answer back since lunchtime yesterday. Possibly you guys at AVS don’t like customers stating their mind.

As for my request about video stuttering I have already worked out that Editor 4 cant handle overlay and play back at normal viewing capacity. No body told me that you hav to resize the overlay either, I worked that out for myself (Additionaslly when you resize the quality looks naff until you press enter and replay. Why couldn't someone tell me that in plain language!!!) Lastly is the playback problem caused by computer possibly needing more than 2meg ram?

People spend money to receive goods that work and if we haven’t quite understood how it works we need backup. If this doesn’t happen your reputation will nose dive quicker than you you will get to know.

Please give me some answers to the two or three posts I have put up.
Answer if your up to it, I'm not being abusive, just demanding and that's a customers right if the goods are not responding how its written on the packet! Lastly, I refer to the Aimersoft software I just downloaded, it worked first time with three mouse clicks. So personally I cant be that stupid!
Cargeo
Administrator
16.06.09 03:41:54
cargeo:
The CD Grabber is now installed, I put a CD in the loading bay and the tracks came up on the screen of the Grabber with no prompts. The grabber is now flashing and the 'GET CDDB is moving left to right.
AVS Audio CD Grabber is intended for ripping files from audio CDs. After you put the CD into the drive and the files appear in AVS CD Grabber you need to select the tracks and follow to the second step of the program (by clicking Next). Can you follow to step 2? Please could you explain in more detail what is happening.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of this program (v.4.1.1.226). It can be downloaded following this link.

cargeo:
The converter will not convert my former Media player files to any format!!!! I don't know how easier I can eplain this matter. Files are in 'My Music' folder and were formally ripped by Media Player.
Please explain your actions step by step. Do you get any error mesages when trying to import files into AVS Audio Converter? (please attach a screenshot). Do these files have MP3 extension? Make sure they are correct, i.e. can be played flawlessly. You can also attach an example file here, so that we could do some testing (please zip it first).

cargeo:
As for my request about video stuttering I have already worked out that Editor 4 cant handle overlay and play back at normal viewing capacity.
Please follow this link to view my reply to your questions. I have done my best to explain the possible reasons why such a problem might occur. Hopefully, this information will be helpful for you.

We are really disappointed that you are having so many problems and will do our best to resolve them.

Hope to hear from you soon
17.06.09 06:46:13
To: nadin

See attached Grabber, it automatically uploads the titles of the tracks and then does nothing and will not respond to any keys instructions via the console. It just flashes grey behind the tracks.
Attached files:
Administrator
18.06.09 03:23:39
To: cargeo

Please try reinstalling the program, as the problem might be that the software was not installed correctly.
Also make sure you burner functions properly. Is the CD played correctly when you insert it into the burner?

Regards
18.06.09 04:33:43

Nadin
I have already reinstalled the grabber programme and it has not made any difference.

Sean
LL
20.09.09 11:21:00
When I select my Music folder, which is ~24GB, to convert to mobile MP3 processing starts but then crashes.

Suggestions on how I can convert all my music files to MP3 to listen to music on my phone?

Thanks.
Administrator
21.09.09 04:38:45
LL:
When I select my Music folder, which is ~24GB, to convert to mobile MP3 processing starts but then crashes.
Does the program crash when the files are being loaded into the program or as soon as the conversion process starts?

Please could you also provide the following information:
- specify the format and origin of the files you are trying to convert;
- describe the problem in more detail: attach a screenshot showing the files your Music folder contains, a screenshot of the program interface showing the error;
- attach your PC configuration, specify the OS installed.

Hope to hear from you soon
LL
21.09.09 10:15:58

All four cores are active and then conversion stops after about 40 mins. The files that were converted are okay to use but they are a mix of files (not one album at a time).

[If one could do it sequentially then I would be okay selecting say 10 albums at a time, converting them, then select another 10, etc. I tried this and 2nd conversion would not start at all.]

Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Input wma. Output MP3. See attached screen shot.

Dell Precision M6400: QX9300 (Intel quad core, 12MB cache), 16GB (DDR3-1066), FX3700M (1GB), 17" WUXGA RGB-LED (Samsung, 1920x1200), 1TB RAID 0 (2x ST9500420ASG), 2MP Camera, Dual array microphones, Dell 410 Ultra Wide Band/Bluetooth, Intel 5300 a/g/n, CD-DVD (+/-RW GS20N), Backlit keyboard, Vista Ultimate 64-bit.
Attached files:
Administrator
21.09.09 22:28:00
To: LL

We have released a new version of AVS Audio Converter lately (v.6). Please try using it in order to convert your files:
http://www.avs4you.com/AVS-Audio-Converter.aspx

Would be great if you reported the results.

Best regards
LL
22.09.09 09:52:14

Why did it not replace (update) 5.1.

I always prefer the default upgrade option to replace the previous version. Or at least let it be a user defined option during install.

Does each previous version of your software have to be manually uninstalled?
LL
22.09.09 10:45:01

On adding the Music directory it gives a file format error warning on jpg and ini files in that directory (to which I responded OK).
LL
22.09.09 15:10:07

After clicking OK for an hour it started conversion. After 2hrs of conversion entire system frooze. Had to do a hard reboot which is most unusual for this system. NOT NICE.

How do I pick up on the conversion of the remainder of the 85%?
Administrator
23.09.09 04:00:36
LL:
Why did it not replace (update) 5.1.
This is due to the fact that we talk about a major update - the program has undergone significant changes, so when installing AVS Audio Converter v.6 it does not replace v.5. However, most of the updates for AVS programs do overwrite the previous versions.

LL:
On adding the Music directory it gives a file format error warning on jpg and ini files in that directory (to which I responded OK). After clicking OK for an hour it started conversion.
We'll do our best to optimize this option in future.

LL:
After 2hrs of conversion entire system frooze. Had to do a hard reboot which is most unusual for this system. NOT NICE.
I'll send you some further instructions privatly on the support page. Please check them up.

Regards
15.06.10 11:51:12
It seems that every time I try and convert a batch of WAV files to MP3 using Audio Converter6 (6.1.1.159), it will get through about a half dozen and then my computer mysteriously crashes. The computer is actually still on, but unresponsive and the monitor has turned off. Sometimes it works fine, but mostly not. My PC is a P4 2.8GHz hyper-threading, 2GB RAM with 125GB free on the hard drive, running XP Pro. ANy ideas?

- Steve
16.06.10 13:12:28
To: stevemcg

Hello Steve,

Please check power-save modes on your computer. Disable all of them on your computer and try working with the program again.

Does the problem still persist?

Regards.
19.06.10 05:51:55
All power settings are set to 'never', screen saver is set to 90 mins and the problem occurs well before that time limit.

- Steve
19.06.10 16:52:54
One other thing I thought I'd mention... whenever I run the program on my laptop and access the WAV files on my PC (which so far has not crashed), I get an error message warning me that I need to make sure I have permission to write to a networked folder (which I do). Even though I check the box for "Don't show me this message again", it comes up everytime I select another batch of files. What's up with that?

- Steve
Online:
Users:  0  
Guests:  130